Now, since I haven’t removed the stock work area, and because of the way the machine homes before the cut, I had to rest the test piece up higher than the normal work height. Outside the ideal laser focus width. Therefore the cut width is a bit thicker than if the material was a proper distance from the lens.
Don’t trust that your mirrors and lenses will be even remotely clean.
Today I finally wrangled a Windows XP machine back into shape so that I could run the stock software that works with the stock controller board.
This is currently just a list of the upgrades I intend to make on my new machine. I’ll add links as I complete each item:
All of the following links are for items on Amazon. With a few exceptions, all qualify for Prime free shipping.
I ordered mine from the San Leandro, CA facility. It shipped on a Monday via FedEx. It arrived two days later, on Wednesday.
I’ve been tipped to a new solution for PLA adhesion that works incredibly well. I’ve printed objects with square corners that cover nearly the entire print bed (190mm) and it works like magic. No curling or lifted edges. Compared to Kapton on “blue tape”, it is easier to apply, has a nicer finish and is infinitely less expensive.
Stop fiddling with serveral downloads and linking toolchains.
I was recently reminded it would be nice see a write up of my experience of building a Polargraph that is controlled via a Ardunio Uno.